A Few Quick Pointers
Before you login to the new Marionette v2, please look over these quick guidelines that will help smooth the learning curve!
- The first time you login, you will be presented with a screen to set up a new account. The data already in the fields may be incorrect--please correct it. For the time being, Marionette insists that you enter a first and last name--if this is for a departmental or office site, just enter something like (as an example) “First Name: Web / Last Name: Crew” or whatever makes sense.
- “FTP Username” and “FTP Password” are the same network username and pass that you use for your email and most other things on campus.
- If you are starting a personal site or a site that you do not wish to use the college’s design/template, then please consider waiting for a bit. We will soon have some personal site templates for you to choose from.
- Please contact us as you encounter errors or otherwise get into trouble.
That’s it for now. We hope you enjoy our new system!
CLICK HERE TO LOGIN NOW!
Known Critical Problems
- Marionette does not work in Safari or older versions (5.2 or before) of Internet Explorer for Mac. This is a problem with a third-party component of Marionette and there is no plan currently to fix it. Please use Firefox.
Known Usability Problems
- It is not yet possible to move files or folders from one directory to another using Marionette. The ability to move files in Marionette is one of the top priorities in the development plan. In the meantime, the M: Drive is the easiest way to move files.
- When using the Image Library in the Rich Editor to add images to a page, several people have commented that the pop-up window containing the image is difficult to work with. The pop-ups used with the Image Library will be phased out. Instead, the image will appear in the Image Library frame.